What's New on www.sophists.com?
Updated website to ASP.net (mostly - a few things probably broken)
Added 'News' sections for LedIt/LedLineIt and ActiveLedIt so its more obvious from the web pages
how to download the pre-release versions (based on website config var kShowPreReleaseVersionAvailablePublicly).
- Add comment section and enlarge address fields in purchase page
Re-engineer internals of website so it can be more easily maintained on my laptop, instead of
on separate server. Use relative URLs instead of absolute (/ relative) URLs.
Added CheckForUpdates page. Its not useful directly - but its hooked into
newer versions of Led applications and components, and allows you to check for updates.
Improve internal web admin site.
Fixed online demos object tag codebase so it refered to right directory so ActiveLedIt again auto-loads.
Lots of cosmetic page cleanups.
Cleanup online demos page so it contains more/better
screenshots of demos.
Get all online demos to work using the Netscape
Mozilla ActiveX plugin (only tried with Mozilla 1.1). Updated troubleshooting docs
to make easy for users to download this plugin.
Revised ActiveLedIt with toolbar demo page
(faster load, better sample text, set focus on page load, works with Netscape Mozilla ActiveX plugin).
- Lots of minor wording tweeks to be more search engine friendly, and a few other cleanups to help
- Update LedIt!, and LedLineIt! pages so they
are more search engine friendly, and better present information.
- New ActiveLedIt! screenshot
- Update colors in images for Mac/Win/XWin icons (and fix xwin icon). Many more minor cleanups.
- Update Led Advertising page.
- Re-organize the ActiveLedIt! page a bit so its easier to
see how to download the Demo SDK, and we hilight the more interesting demos over the less
- Minor content cleanups, including adding Mac/Win/X-Win links to screenshot pages.
Also re-organize LedIt/LedLineIt navbar on the left list of screenshots to make
association between them clearer.
- Hide a few 'news' items as they are old, and a few other small cleanups and fixes.
- LogoMedia site translation now uses special user dictionaries to improve translation.
- NavBar now displays red bullet instead of black bullet for currently selected folder/file.
- Added Resellers page and included Component Source in it.
- Misc cleanups of keywords and Led/ActiveLedIt! competitors pages
- Fix usage of obsolete _new - to new _blank (target).
- Cleanup keywords in /Led/LedClassLib page and other small cleanups to
- Add meta keyword/description tags to LedIt and LedLineIt pages
- Lots of small cleanups
- Imrpove wording on a number of marketting pages
- Improved ActiveLedIt! demo-expired page.
- LedIt/LedLineIt MacOS Screenshots
- Improved/create page display when ActiveLedIt! demo expires
- Fix some spelling errors (e.g. wordprocessor, word-processor, procssing)
- Use Secure HTTP (HTTPS) in a few more places - like login screen.
- Cleanup lots of pages with w3.org HTML validator
- A few small cleanups to wording here and there, and adjusted use of keywords and meta tags in a few files to optimize for search engine performance.
- Fix small database bugs in upgrading Led licences
- Added quickie version of ActiveLedIt/UserDocs.asp page
- Improved administrative management pages
- Massive Changes!!!
- Largely rewritten website
- New Led 3.0 (really 3.0.1) release
- TONS of changes relating to these two items, including
new purchase pages, all new Led documentation, etc
- Revised LogoMedia Passport code on main Sophists home page to use latest SDK sample
code, and to include translation to Russian
- Use HTTPS (conditionally) when taking credit card info. And hooked in basic CyberCash credit card processing (but need to disable
for live site til CyberCash Merchant account setup properly).
- HTTPS preliminary support (certificate installed so now https works - just needs to be integrated into credit card stuff).
- Revised several html files (ran through Visual Interdev) and it added width/height tags for a bunch of images.
- Prelim work towards revised credit card handling
- New link to "Serif" Led competitor
- Can now download NetLedIt! product and NetLedIt! sources
- Can now login to Led web site from top level web page.
- Lots of misc fixes to site from earlier checkin (yesterday).
- Improved ActiveLedIt! home page - so easier to download/try 3.0 beta version of ActiveLedIt! (and other changes)
- Released Led 3.0b2- Includes first working version of X-Windows editing, and much more.
- Revised the "meta name='keywords'" section of a few key web pages so they are more likely to show in in weh searches (for text engines)
- Cleanup Led purchace pages. Add 'Led Customer' panel to all the Led nav-panels - not just ActiveLedIt! and LedClassLib.
- Cleanup ActiveLedIt! trouble-shooting section, and allow for the DemoMode OCX to be downloaded - even if users don't have MSIE.
- Updated competitor comments on WASTE engine
- Re-added installers for LedIt! and LedLineIt! for PC - which were accidentally removed earlier.
- Support for purchasing ActiveLedIt! and ActiveLedIt! sources online.
- Support for purchasing additional licenses for existing customers online.
- Rewrote and cleaned the ASP scripting code
- Preliminary plans for Led 3.0
- Title attribues on many more links, making it easier for users to navigate the Sophists web site
- New entry in LedClassLib success stories (preliminary note). And fixed two script bugs
with online login/personalization support.
- New ActiveLedIt! DEMO version. Improved sample scripts. Demo's using Watermark
background draw in Led.
- Added SelTextRTF button to sample ActiveLedIt! web page.
- Fixed typo in download page that prevented LedClassLib Windows-Only from downloading.
- Reorganize the customer support / login etc scripts so both ActiveLedIt! and Led Class Library
customers can log in and download sources, etc. Still no ability to buy ActiveLedIt! online yet,
- Cleanup Navbars somewhat
- Final ActiveLedIt! 2.3 source license.
- Fixed bugs in Led Class library purchase web page
- Major revision to the set of competitors reviews for other class libs etc.
- Add draft ActiveLedIt! source code license. Added warnings that purchasing ActiveLedIt!
online isn't working fully yet. And to send email.
- Kludge workaround for Netscape (4.61 mac is all I tested) poor handling of tables.
In particular - seems no way except explicit width= statement to get a TD(column) to
have a sensible (other than equally spaced) witdh. As if that wasn't bad enuf, Netscape
ALSO seems to ignore CSS style sheets which specify a particular width. Sigh!!!
- Put whole web site under CVS. At first - I had badly broken things cuz cvs treated
.bmp files etc as TEXT, and so munged them. Now I've fixed that (with cvswrappers). But
beware of things I may have missed in the conversion, that cvs may also have screwed up!
- Whole new web site design launched using Microsoft IIS on WindowsNT,
instead of CERN Proxy server under Linux.
- Led 2.3c2 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3c1 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b10 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b9 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b8 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b7 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b6 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b5 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b3 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b2 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.3b1 now avialable - including LedIt!, LedLineIt!, and ActiveLedIt! - ftp from here
- Led 2.2 released - announcments, etc soon to come
- Revamped web site, with site-maps, and frames now available
- First cut at frames support for some Led web pages
- I noticed my original link to a web page describing the orginal Sophists had broken.
So now I have a whole page listing links for those who are interested in the dusty, fossilized old Sophists :-).
- Fixed LedIt! download pages- there was a broken link to Mac LedIt! applications.
- Led 2.0 Press Release - here
- Led 2.0 Source code download page, and licences (only rough drafts so far)- here
- Cleaned up main Sophists page - here
- More revisions of the Led/LedIt! Web pages - start here
- Substantailly revised Led/LedIt! Web pages, including new screenshots, etc start here
- Led 2.0 has been released! - Shareware apps available - here
- New (2.0 final) Led class library programmer docs now available - here
- LedIt! 2.0rc4 now available - here